Wednesday 18 May 2016

In the Countryside with Lynne


Good morning, it's time for our mid month inspiration post where the current challenge for the DT is either try a new technique or share one that they particularly enjoy using. 

We have seem some wonderful entries so far this month, but if you have not joined in yet or would like to enter a second or third time to there is still plenty of time as the challenge runs until 1st June. The prize is a super £35 store voucher from Crafty Individuals.

Now I will hand you over to Lynne who will tell you all about the lovely canvas she has created.............

"Our topic for our current set of mid-month posts is to showcase a technique, either a favourite or one we haven't tried before. I decided to go for the latter. I've always wanted to have a go at a mixed media canvas but never got round to it before, mainly because I didn't really know where to start! However, this is what I managed to come up with!


I've no idea whether the way I did it was correct or not, if indeed there is a "correct" way, and having done it, there are things I'd do differently another time, but I'm not too dissatisfied with the finished result, imperfect though it is! 

I have a few step by step photos and a brief how-to (or how not to!) on my blog Creative Lynks, so please do take a look, and I hope you have a go at creating a mixed media canvas. I certainly had fun doing it".

Thank you Lynne, I am sure everyone enjoyed seeing your lovely canvas as much as I did.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I think you did a wonderful job, Brenda. I often find that my creations from trying new things are the ones I'm most proud of, even if they have to grow on me first.
Marianne x

SusanLotus said...

Awesome card!

Unknown said...

Just fabulous Brenda you are always so creative!
Lucy x

Brawny x said...

Great job. Fab design x

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a beautiful project Lynne!